Sunday, August 21, 2022

More fun than decorating!

 I know I haven't posted here for ages but I thought this was the best place to show the last batch of Diamond Drill paintings I've done. As I've said before some are partial drill and others full drill.  I find them very therapeutic to do, and always have one on the go at the same time as a jigsaw.

  IMG-7105-copy

Partial Drill Skull Candy.  

My Granddaughter asked me to create the picture of lions for her bedroom. This is a full drill picture. (Younger daughter's photo).  

Partial drill tree

Converse shoes, full drill. I put this picture in the room we called the "playroom" back when the kids were young. It sits amongst the Keith Haring and abstract art quite well, even with the 80's vibe. It also covers up the blemishes on the wall!


The finished image of the full drill pictures looks a bit like a tapestry as it's made up of dots. The larger the picture the clearer the image, although I tend to do pictures that are 50cm x 40cm as they fit perfectly into a certain size Ikea frame and mount. You can supply your own photo too which I've done in the past, so if you have a pet or family member you want to create as a diamond drill picture you can. 




6 comments:

  1. They are all just gorgeous, Joey! I especially like the sugar skull and the high-top runners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. They are intricate - and very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo.... the skull is my favorite! Someday I'm going to try this. -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not usually a fan of skulls, but this one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work! I've never tried anything like this before. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Followers