Friday, August 7, 2015

New beginnings

We have a field in front of our house and a man uses it to keep his horses. There is a stable and running water and we felt it was a way of keeping the grass down. When he arrived we had no idea that in fact he is a traveller, or if you want to use a less PC expression, a gypsy. He's a nice enough guy with a family, but I can't say I completely trust him and the way they look after their horses is possibly not the way that animal rights people would want the animals kept. They aren't cruel but they do things like lock a horse for days in a small stable to break them in etc. 

Anyway, just as my Dad's life was coming to an end, a new foal was born. I found it quite therapeutic to watch her with her mother. For weeks she never left her side. Sorry this post is a little picture heavy but I've just been watching the foal grow up before my eyes. You can see in the photos beside her mother how much she's grown. 
















11 comments:

  1. OMG these are the cutest, sweetest and most beautiful photos ever, and you have no idea how I love horses. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What WONDERFUL dear dear pictures, Joey! There is this sweetness about them---an intimacy, that just warms my heart. Mama's and their babies....And I love the markings on each of them.....There is such a clear picture of these horses and the mothering instinct. Perfect, perfect, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I forgot to say how wonderful it is that you caught that Bird so close to them, too.....Nature! A Miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww.
    Healing beauty.
    Picture heavy post? No, no, no.
    A simple, beautiful post.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful shots! I am a little (ok a lot) nervous of horses but I do like looking at them from a safe distance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not picture heavy at all - I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.My.Word... what gorgeous images! You could absolutely do a coffee table book with your amazing photos! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful!! Brings back memories of when we still had donkeys and would have a new baby. They're so sweet when they're tiny.

    Amazing how you got that one shot with the bird flying, too. Feel free to have "picture heavy" posts like this anytime you want! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweetie! And in my book, that locking up in a small stable is animal cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the photo with the magpie bird in it too, but all of them are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great reminder in pics how much I like to watch horses! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete

Followers