Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'll never forget you


I seem to have a tough time with Dazee and Christy's I Spy blog hop each week, but especially this weeks because after seeing Christy's entrance for the prompt Remembrances, I just don't  think that anything I could add would compare with the terrible heartbreak of losing a child. How you ever cope with that loss I have no idea. You should go over to her blog and see her beautiful daughter. 

But I've also had my share of losses too. I've lost friends, lovers, family, in all different circumstances, death or breakups or maybe just through a sense of drifting apart. They are all painful and sad, so when I was helping my older daughter with her photographic project recently called "Dramatic Light" I took this photo of some candles. 


There was something about it, and the way the flames on the candles, although apart where drawn together. Strange really as a breeze caused all the other flames to move the same way apart from the one at the front.

It reminded me of my losses, so I created this shot in Photoshop using the above photograph for

REMEMBRANCES


I don't have a "My Choice" this week, I hope that's okay?


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful remembrance Joe. I love it. It's like the light she spread to everyone who met her. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Interesting how you can see the wick within the candle near the top where it's illuminated.

    I enjoy participating in I Spy when the prompt brings something to mind right away, but I just couldn't come up with anything this week. I'm off now to see what I missed this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On second thought...maybe that not the wick, but just some wax that has dribbled down the side? Either way, I like the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. Both of those shots were beautiful. Honestly, you have a true gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any word seems unappropriate when thinking about losing someone you love, awesome shot anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers