Friday, January 8, 2016

Road Trip

I only managed to do one jigsaw whilst I was in the States for 6 days, but what a cool jigsaw it is! I have to say I found this a bit of a challenge, as it had almost no straight edges or corners. What I enjoyed so much about Road Trip America is that it was quite educational too. I had no idea that Texas was so large and yet other States near New York are so small in comparison. Mind you living in the UK, such a tiny little island, not everything is about size. ;)

There is a story behind this jigsaw, isn't there always with me? I always do my jigsaws in America in the walk in closet off of our bathroom. Because of my erratic sleep pattern it means I can get up in the night and close myself in the room and do a bit of jigsaw without disturbing anyone else. When I've finished a jigsaw I carry it out of the room to photograph it in natural light. Of course I didn't realise that this particular jigsaw wouldn't fit through the door. So as I was carrying it, I watched as if it were in slow motion, as the bottom half of the jigsaw slid off the board. Good bye Texas and about a 3rd of the rest of the jigsaw. I was due to go out to have brunch with the kids and my partner, but of course had to pass on that and redo the jigsaw again. 

Only a jigsaw addict will understand passing up on pancakes with syrup to redo a broken jigsaw, that a few hours later I would break up completely and put back in the box. :D


Can you guess which area of the jigsaw I finished first?

Here's the box, just in case you are interested in the details. I will not be selling this jigsaw as I can see myself doing this one again in the future. Also if we have guests staying with us in the States I think they'd enjoy doing this one too.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, really impressing, but couldn't you redo it after the pancakes? Just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding!! I love "shaped" puzzles and am tempted to track this one down for myself. I can feel your pain about part of the puzzle breaking off. Yes. I understand passing up the pancakes. ;)

    Did you do AZ first? Of course I focused on Arkansas first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessions are like that aren't they? And of course you had to repair the damage.
    How often do you keep puzzles to do again? Not often I am thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jigsaw Puzzlers are a breed apart, it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very cool puzzle! I can feel your pain as it fell apart. Don't know which part you started first though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great puzzle! I haven't done one since my grandkids moved away.

    You might consider magnesium for that erratic sleep... if you're interested in changing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Great Puzzle!!! I think I might have just given up for a while if it been me and the broken up puzzle....though, on second thought---I don't think I could have left it like that---Pancakes be damned..... I can see why you want to hold on to this one and do it again.....
    Arizona? That must be where you began.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Over 31 inches wide? Well, size matters ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And for those of you who said I finished Arizona first, you were right! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've become a bit of a jigsaw junkie myself, but I also love me some pancakes so that would have been a tough call for me.
    I'm glad to hear you can take your puzzles apart right away once you've taken a pic. I do the same. I sit back and admire it for a minute, revel in the glory of finding that last piece, take a picture for..., actually I don't know why I take a picture. Maybe in case you want to see it??..., and then I crumble it all up and put it back in the box. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Followers