Monday, June 3, 2013

Stripes, letters and patterns

I love the work of Scottish artist Jim Lambie. All these floors are produced using ordinary vinyl tapes.





And who would of thought of ever creating artwork out of old saws? Well apart from Vault49. I'd love to give this a go. The problem is I'm not sure we have anywhere in the house that these would look good. Maybe the garage? 



And this is for Kelly, my jigsaw buddy. I finally finished the butterfly jigsaw puzzle. I really can't say I enjoyed doing this at all, but I had to find out if all the pieces were there so I could sell it on ebay. I think it was the symmetry of the 2 sides that made this a bit tricky. The finished result does look nice though!



10 comments:

  1. Loving that butterfly jigsaw, not too sure about those floors though, certainly colourful, I think they'd eventually give me a migraine though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those saws are so cool! I wonder if hubby would flip if I stole one of his and painted it up? :)

    The butterfly jigsaw is awesome looking. I can imagine how difficult it was to put together, Joey.

    Love all the colors in these photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff! Vinyl tape? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful butterfly puzzle!

    I'm not too sure about those floors, those are quite dizzying, but very interesting.

    I've seen saws and different blades with barns and bluebonnets, etc, but nothing like those saws.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for finishing the butterfly puzzle!! I can see now why it was a bit of a challenge, but it's beautiful. I'm glad you stuck with it. Thanks for the link. ;)

    Like Ms. A, I've seen saws with barns, etc. painted on them, but nothing like these.

    I enjoy seeing the floors, but don't think I would like one in my house. But wait....I do have some of the bright green tape and I know my granddaughter has other colors since she uses it to make things. Nah, it might be a little too "busy" for my poor old brain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of this, Joe, specially the floors. I would love to have the chance to get someone to weave me carpet in those patterns, so I didn't have to deal with sticky stuff from tape after a few weeks. I mean, I know it's a work of art really but I'd like to keep it for longer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some colored tape, n it's to play with- but can't imagine the patience n amount for the floors! Like the stairs- n the odd hallway shapes.
    The saws are fun! Still deciphering the designs-
    I have old instruments saved for sculpture use- hope I get time n a place to cut them up n make strange fun things sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE those floors!!! The us of all these colors reminds me of an Artist, here in the States, named Jen Stark...(I need to make sure that is right....I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back! It is Jen Stark and here is her Website: http://www.jenstark.com/index.php

    I first saw her work on Judy's Blog and I fell in love with it...That was about 5 or 6 years ago. She was based in Miami then...But is in L.A. now. I've never met her, but way back when, I bought two drawings of hers....If I had the room I would buy one of the more recent sculptures. (Like that first one on her Website!)I really respond to her work....! ( think you might, too.

    ReplyDelete

Followers