We rarely entertain. Mainly because I'm anti social and no one in our house can cook. I hoped by making the table look good it would disguise the fact that all the food was bought in from Marks & Spencer. Including the crackers.
Now just check out the weird toy that was inside some of the crackers. No one knew what the hell it was. Apparently they are key rings. Who would want to use a keyring with a little girl with one leg shorter than the other is beyond me. My sister-in-law said "I'm sure you'll manage to do something creative with them".
Yeah like selling them on ebay maybe, but I think I'd have a tough time giving them away.
It's a little girl jumping the rope, I think, cool table set!
ReplyDeleteLove the table. It's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBut don't be a scrooge on the keyrings. They're adorable!
Beautiful table set. I dont have company often either. And I can never have a beautiful looking dining room as you.. I love those big long tables like that but my kitchen/diningroom would never hold one.. lol happy new year to you and yours..
ReplyDeleteAlessandra's right...it's a little girl jumping rope (that's why one leg is shorter to give the illusion). You obviously didn't do any rope-jumping as a kid. ;) I was quite the champ at it, tho I was never real good at that fancy two rope stuff or speed jumping like boxers do when training.
ReplyDeleteYour table looks quite elegant and who cares if the food is catered or brought in as long as its enjoyed!
Joey, I just recently started checking out this "other" blog of yours -- I LOVE your photos!! I'll definitely be returning more often... :)
ReplyDeleteThe table looks great -- hope you enjoyed the dinner! :)