Sunday, November 22, 2020

Partial drill

I've mentioned a few times on my other blog about Diamond Drill painting, and if you are not sure what it is, here is a link.

These below are partial drill pictures. You only add gems to part of the canvas, and they come in different shapes and sizes, unlike full drill images. 


 I did this notebook for my mother-in-law.




And this notebook for my older daughter. 



And I cut this one out of the canvas and used it for a Birthday card.


What you can't tell from the photos is just how much the shine in the light. They've been a good hobby to do whilst in lockdown, but you can only fill your house with so many pictures before it goes from hobby to an unhealthy obsession. 





 

7 comments:

  1. WOW.
    They are spectacular, and would definitely make cards to be kept and cherished rather than read and discarded..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including the link since I've enjoyed the projects you've shared, but had no idea what they involved. A bit like paint by number, but with stones (which I get now are called "drills".... that's the term that tripped me up)

    These are lovely. I'm not sure I have a steady enough hand to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the type of thing which takes infinite patience to do! Beautiful end result, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - your artistic skills are truly lovely and incredible!!!!! I'd love to have that as a cover on one of my planners. I can't stop looking at them! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful, and if you make so many, you could sell them, problem solved ;)

    Ale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, stunning! These are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, all. This is all new to me and so glad I found this, Joey. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Followers