Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Macro madness

I'm sure you won't remember but for Christmas I received a set of 3 extension tubes for my SLR camera, for macro work. They are a cheap way of creating macro images without paying out for an expensive new lens. I've only just started to use them, and still haven't quite worked out how the tubes differ, but I just thought I'd add one to my camera and practice using it. I've been delighted with the results. There's a beautiful world out there that we miss when we view it through our normal eyes. The water drops on the spiders web make you realise that nature creates it's own beauty.









I haven't mastered the lens at all, and found it hard to focus the image when it's so close up, and I imagine taking a photo of a moving image could be really difficult with a macro lens. When in doubt take loads of shots with the hope that one of them looks okay!

9 comments:

  1. The spider's web shots are amazing. Just... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love macro photography! I'd love to take it up when I'm retired. Of course, that would mean getting a better camera than my little point-and-shoot. And also taking photography lessons.

    Your shots are wonderful! I especially like the macro bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am totally impressed with ALL of these! You have a great eye and use it to its best potential. I really love those water droplets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Birdie said just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, these are AWESOME!!! Love the water droplets!!! I'm super impressed and more than a little envious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are amazing! I particularly like the flower ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The droplets on web are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are ALL Beautiful, my dear Joey. I had Extension Tubes for my old SLR, but don't have anything like that for my Digital camera. Just what comes built into the Camera, which is really vecry good! LOVE the Flowers, Joey, but I also love the Glitter! Smashing, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Followers