Monday, July 2, 2012

Take my cd collection...

I've often sat looking at my burnt and used cds and wondered what I could create by using them as some sort of art form. Obviously I'm not the only one. 

"Artist Sean Avery has created a series of sculptures—from bears to peregrine falcons and even the Loch Ness monster—using the reflective splinters of what was once, possibly, a cherished music collection.
It’s not the first time we’ve seen artworks created from dead (well, dead-ish) media. Previously enterprising artists have repurposed floppy disks and cassette tapes to create portraits and iconic album covers. It’s good to know we can find new uses for all these hunks of once beloved plastic." 





Don't they just make you want to go and cut up your unwanted cds? :D

5 comments:

  1. Wow, they are amazing! Particularly love the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very creative idea! I just saw on another blog this morning where someone had made a interesting shaped bowl out of an old LP. You also might remember my purse made from an LP.

    These are all clever, but I think I like the cat and the hummingbird best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ale, I like the birds too. :)

    Kelly I don't remember your purse made out of an LP. I like the cat as well. I'm not so keen on the Meerkat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so amazing. I love the talent that a lot of people have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous! I would never have thought of that either! I need your mind.

    ReplyDelete

Followers