Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Driving to Vegas


My partner was delighted to drive through the Joshua Tree Park as we made our way to Las Vegas. 

As a massive U2 fan seeing the trees that were made famous by the band with their 5th album The Joshua Tree, was a special moment. Not for me, I have to admit, as I've never understood the band's appeal.

So I was instructed to take the photos.



It's amazing how this tree manages to survive in the desert.

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about U2. Not you two as in you and your partner, the group, duh.

    They are somewhat of a cactus tree. Or something. It sounds good, don't you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love joshua trees! They are one of the most beautiful desert plants. Your first view looks so green and lush. The desert must have had some rain. Oh, and I love the desert, heat and all. My favorite desert places are in Southern Utah and the Arizona strip, which runs a bit north of the Grand Canyon (north rim). But I like the Mojave too.

    I love your blogs Joey. I come by way of Dazee's blog. She's been a friend for oh my, way over 30 years. High School best buddies were we.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the heat, but I appreciate your photos, they are cool, no pun intended (oo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dazee, ha ha you cracked me up, yeah I'm glad someone else doesn't get the appeal of U2 either!


    Hi Pam, wow you and Dazee have been friends for a long time! Thank you for your kind comment about my blogs. :) You certainly know your stuff about deserts too! I have to admit the Joshua trees did look amazing.

    Ale, well we were viewing them from an air conditioned car! :D Is that cheating? :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers