Friday, January 7, 2011

Mini Adventure

Madonna said "I drive my Mini Cooper and I’m feeling super-duper. "

In 2009 the Mini Cooper celebrated it's 50th birthday. The first car I ever owned was a bright orange Mini customised with chunky wide wheels and black bumpers, and as a new driver it was a hell of a lot of fun.

It's now an iconic image that really conjures up images of the swinging 60's here in the UK. If you haven't got the money to buy your own jazzed up Mini, you can always buy a print, canvas, cushion or umbrella with a picture of the car on instead.

I personally would love to own the black Mini, blinged out with mosaic mirrors or gems. Although the Pacman would bring a smile too. The artist Damien Hurst has added his famous spots to one, and singer Paul Weller teamed up with Mini to create the pink & brown striped car which he is selling for charity.



So which one is your favourite?

8 comments:

  1. Oh I would have to have the convertable with the space invaders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, mini is cool, my daughter wants one when she reaches 18, the one with the chess roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that funky lookig tie-dyed one would best suit my personality to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dazee, yeah the Space Invaders one is cool. You have to wear a space Invaders T-shirt too ok?

    Alessandra, oh yeah the checked roof is cool! I bet Minis are popular in Italy?

    G, so do you have an other tie-dyed items?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are considered very cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mini, I had no idea it was your first car! That's nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dean, yep, but I only ever drove the car as a learner. The first car I had after I had learnt to drive was a black Toyota. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must be fun to learn on mini i can imagine! I learned on that http://img.turbo.fr/01514910-photo-citroen-c3-c3-1-1i.jpg a Citroen C3. Woopee!!!

    Now I drive a peugeot 206 :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers